Sunday, March 15, 2020

Dr On Call

It's been a while since I've had Manny out and since I just read Lover Unleashed (he and Payne's book) again in preparation for the Sinner, I felt compelled to get him in front of the camera.
He and V are probably the 2 characters that their resin counterparts come closest to how I have always seen the characters in my head when I read. Wrath and Beth are really close as well, but Manny is almost exactly how I see him when I read.
I've been very lucky over the years to find artists with the skills to help me in bringing my vision of the dolls to "life". My friend Lyn who did Manny's face paint, (as well as finding me his stethoscope). Helen in NZ did Manny's scrubs and Dr coat. She even embroidered his name on his coat. All the special touches really add to the "realism" I strive for when photographing the dolls.

I wish I had a second set of scrubs for the guys as well as the girls, so V could "assist" and Jane and Ehlena could be in the same picture. At the moment I only have one set ea. Ehlena assisting Manny below.






No comments:

Post a Comment