Sunday, February 9, 2020

That Pesky Angel

I was inspired this morning to get Lassiter out for some new photos as its been a long time since I've photographed my favorite Angel. Lyn Raftis is the artist that has painted most of my Brotherhood dolls. Way back in 2010 when I decided I wanted to shell the characters in resin I sent Lyn the first couple of books, and she became hooked on them as well.  One of  Lyn's favorite characters is Lassiter. She was the one that suggested I use the Bichun sculpt. Most other folks that own one of this sculpt portray him as an Asian character.  The best thing about the Asian ball jointed dolls are the fact that they are a blank canvas, and with an artists inspiration, different eyes and wigs,  the same sculpt can look very different. In fact I have some dolls that I change up the wigs and eyes and have them portray more than one character when photographing them. Anyway, Lyn suggested I use Bichun, even though that probably wouldn't have been my first choice at the time. She assured me that she could turn him into our favorite angel if I found the right eyes and wigs to use on him.
I have to say, he came out pretty perfect when she was done with him. Lyn came up with the patterns for his piercings and did them on his nipples as well as his face/ears. I was able to find a couple of different wigs for him that are blonde/black, but the one photographed here is my favorite. You can see him wearing the other one in his bio pic at the left of the page.
He's been a fun one to try and find clothing for...………...still looking for those assless chaps, lol! I did find a couple of gold bracelets that work as necklaces for him.
And below, one of my favorite photos I've taken of him, even though it is a fairly old photo.



No comments:

Post a Comment