Friday, February 14, 2020

The Day for Romance

It's Valentine's Day, so thought it appropriate to revisit some of my favorite romantic shots of some of the couple's I have living here. I've been revisiting old photos a lot, some that I took back in 2011/2012 time frame and just adding a few edits. The one below is one such photo. I've been so lucky to have found artists with specialties in all areas to help me achieve my vision for these characters...………………..seamstresses/tailors/wig makers...……..and my friend Lyn Raftis, who through her artistic talent has brought their faces to life. V still amazes me every time I look at him, and Jane is pretty perfect for my vision of the character as well. The plan is to take some new photos of some of the couples during the weekend, but for now I hope you enjoy taking a walk down memory lane with me and enjoying some of the "vintage" photos, lol!
Rhage and Mary are two of the few dolls not painted by Lyn in my crew. They were dolls I had already acquired that seemed to plug into the roles of Hollywood and his Mary. He doesn't have all the little details of some of the other dolls, for instance I haven't had the Beast done on his back. Of course its rare I would photograph his back anyway, so never bothered. These 2 are definitely due for some new photos though.
I shared most of my Wrath and Beth couple's shots in my second posting earlier this week. As noted then, they are one of my favorite couples, even if they are a bit hard to photograph together as his resin is a bit darker than hers.
Z and Bella are definitely due for some new photos. Lyn put a ton of work into Z...……...making him just right. You can't really see the scar on his face well here, but its beautifully done, as are all his tats and piercings. He even has Nalla and Bella and all the scarring on his back. He's a wonderful work of art. For his hair Lyn also used fibre past to make it look like he had a skull trim and then she painted it to look as realistic as you can get on a doll that has a head cap.
Butch and Marissa...……….I've debated re-shelling Butch for years. He is a doll I had on hand when I decided I was going to shell the Brotherhood characters and I just plugged him into the roll. I like him with Marissa (who I do think fits her role better than Butch), but Iplehouse has since come out with a sculpt that I see in the role more...…………...so he may still get re-shelled down the road.
I do like this shot of them though.
Manny and Payne. I do love these 2 together, his sculpt  is my perfect Manny, even if he is a little tall in scale with the rest of the crew. I know you can't see his face well here,  I'll share more of them in another post at a different time. I wanted to concentrate on photos with a romantic vibe for today.
John and Xhex……….I still haven't found the perfect wig for Xhex. I have one that's close, but it was made for another sculpt and it doesn't fit perfectly around her ears. This one is a little long, but for now I'm making due.
Blay and Qhuinn……….2 of my favorite characters in the series. I just love John, Blay and Qhuinn partly because I guess we got to watch them grow up and we have gotten so much of their story over the years. As I mentioned in my very first blog post I've reshelled Qhuinn since I first started the group. My original Qhuinn's resin color never worked with Blay and I had to edit everything in black and white to make up for that issue...……….plus Iple came out with another sculpt I thought fit the character better, so I re-did an older version of Qhuinn with his Brotherhood pec scar. I am now seriously considering re-shelling Blay as well...………….the resin color has always been a bit too dark for a redhead. I had this sculpt originally on order to use for another character, when that didn't work out I pigeon holed him into Blay. I do LOVE his facial sculpt for Blay, but the resin color has just never been right. There is now another sculpt that has been introduced that I can see as Blay. I may just order him in the coming year and give Blay a re-boot as well.  In the meantime, I do like this picture of  my present Blay and Qhuinn quite a lot.
The last picture I'm going to share is of Xcor and Layla. My version of Xcor isn't exactly as described in the books. I know he has shorter hair...………..I just always picture him old world with his hair a little longer when I read for some reason, so my version is more in that vein.
I do have a couple more couples not shared here...…………..as I don't have photos of them that I'm really pleased with. I hope to remedy that and share them soon as well. Happy Valentine's Day!









No comments:

Post a Comment