Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Twins

I took some new pics of V and Payne this week, because as I was looking through old pictures I came across this old picture of V and Payne taken in September 2011. It still remains  one of my favorite pictures I've taken of characters within the Brotherhood world. I realized that it has been quite a long time since I've photographed the siblings together. My thought was to symbolize them having each others backs even if they didn't grow up together, or in V's case even know the other existed.


 I  started thinking that I'd like to revisit that shot though and take some new pics of the twins. The photos below are the results. Both characters have had hair style changes since the above pic was taken. I do like the black and white feel of the above photo, and may edit the shot below in black and white eventually, but it was fun getting them together again. I wish Ward would revisit Payne a little more so we could learn a bit more about her. We get to see V quite a bit, which I love, as he is one of my favorites, but I'd like to see a bit more of Payne and how she interacts within the Brotherhood world, and how her relationship with her brother has evolved as well.

As I said in my previous post a couple of days ago spotlighting V, he is one of my favorites. His resin representation is almost spot on how I see V in my head. I have really grown to feel the same about my resin representation of Payne. She is pretty darn close as to how I see Payne in my head when I read too.
As I was photographing V and Payne, I was thinking about how twins are supposed to be so rare in the vampire world, yet there are quite a few representations of them in the story: V and Payne, Z and Phury, Ehric and Evale and now Rhampage and Lyric. V and Payne are the only set of twins I've shelled in resin. I have Z, but never got around to Phury, partly because he's always been one of my least favorite brothers and there was always someone ahead of him on the list that I preferred to shell first. Now, the sculpt I've used for Z has been retired, so even less of a chance we will see Phury in resin form, as I can't see using a different sculpt that wouldn't be identical to Z. I've not grown attached enough to Ehric and Evale to shell them...……...although who knows, I guess it could happen down the road. I do have Nalla and LW, so I guess I could eventually get around to shelling Rhamp and Lyric to keep them company. For now though, twins will be even rarer in my household than they are in Caldwell. I will endeavor to try and photograph these 2 more to share though. I had forgotten how much I really enjoy seeing them together until I got them both in front of the camera again.




No comments:

Post a Comment