Saturday, February 8, 2020

THe King and his Queen

My plan was to get Wrath and Beth out today and take some new photos in honor of the new blog. Since Wrath and Beth were the start of the series, and are still at the heart of it, I thought it would be fun to get some new shots. The weather however has been very uncooperative, so alas no new photos of any kind today. I take all my photos using natural light and it is so overcast and gloomy here today there is no natural light to be had. I do however have quite a wealth of photos I've taken of the royal couple in the past, so thought I would share a few of them.  Beth was one of the first dolls I shelled in the series. I actually already had her as another character, but when I decided to shell some of the characters from the Brotherhood world I thought she actually fit how I pictured Beth in my minds eye, so I had my friend Lyn darken her brows, and Beth was born. She still remains one of my all time favorite female dolls.
 
Wrath was a little more difficult for me, as I had a very specific look in my minds eye for him and there were no sculpts that really came close when I first shelled Beth. I had another doll originally I tried to shoehorn in the role, but he didn't really work for me the more I photographed him, so I decided to just be patient and wait until the right sculpt came along. It wasn't until August of 2014, 4 years after I first started shelling the characters that my perfect idea of Wrath came along. I can't remember when Iplehouse released the Dexter sculpt, but when I looked at him I knew that he could make my perfect Wrath. Below is one of the first shots I took of him with his glasses (as close as I could come to wrap arounds) when he arrived home in August 2014.
He comes as close to I could have hoped to get in doll form of capturing how I see Wrath. He has the level on intensity I was looking for and looks dang good with long black hair. A shot of him below without his glasses.
I love the intensity of his stare in the above photo. Wrath is the only doll I actually have a vampire head for as well. See below. It's the best shot I have at the moment of his actual vampire head. will try and take some more. If you look closely at Beth's neck. My friend Lyn gave her very slight bite marks.
Another favorite shot of the fangs.
While Wrath isn't my favorite character in the series, Beth is my favorite Shellan……….and together, they are probably my favorite couple. A few favorite romantic shots of them below from the archives.
And when some good light finally makes another appearance, I'll get some more of my favorite royals to add.









No comments:

Post a Comment